Notice: ProgramMatek Indeed Integration Plugin Update
Important: Effective November 2, 2020, the Indeed Integration addon is no longer available for purchase.
Due to recent changes made to the Indeed API, retrieving job information has become impossible. This significantly reduces the effectiveness of the Indeed Integration add-on. As a result, ProgramMatek will no longer sell the Indeed Integration plugin on WPJobManager.com.
Rest assured, we will continue to provide support throughout the duration of your active subscriptions. In addition, our documentation is readily available if you need any assistance. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by opening a support ticket.
Indeed Integration Plugin: Enhancing WP Job Manager
Indeed Integration, a paid plugin compatible with WP Job Manager 1.7+, allowed you to effortlessly query and display sponsored job results from Indeed while listing jobs. Furthermore, it enabled you to showcase Indeed jobs via a shortcode.
How to Install the Plugin
To install the ProgramMatek WordPress Plugin, please follow the comprehensive guide available here: ProgramMatek Installation Guide.
Registering for an Indeed Publisher ID
To begin listing jobs from Indeed’s API, you must first register for the Indeed Publisher Program and obtain a unique publisher ID. Keep in mind that meeting specific requirements, such as generating over 10,000 legitimate and unique pageviews per day, is crucial for approval. Please note that the approval process may take several days or even up to a week. Unfortunately, we have no control over this procedure.
Once registered and logged into your Indeed account, follow these steps:
- Go to the XML Feed tab.
- Locate the Sample Request section.
- In this section, you will find your publisher ID (a 16-digit number). Copy and paste this ID into the Publisher ID field under Job Listings > Settings > Indeed Integration.
The Functionality of Indeed Jobs
This remarkable plugin enables you to dynamically backfill your job board with results directly from Indeed. If a user’s search within your database fails to yield any matches, you can instruct the plugin to retrieve a specified number of job results from Indeed’s API and display them instead.
When users find job listings on your site, they can click on the desired position, which will redirect them to Indeed for further information.
Once you have successfully installed the plugin, you can conveniently manage its settings under Job Listings > Settings > Indeed Integration. The following options are available:
- Publisher ID: To display search results from Indeed, you must have a publisher account. Obtain your publisher account here. Additionally, this ID is necessary for generating a feed for exporting jobs to Indeed.
- Enable backfilling jobs from Indeed: Decide whether or not you want to display jobs from Indeed on your site.
- Site type: Select the source of job results. Indeed supports Job boards, Employer websites, or both.
Default Query Settings
When specific variables are not set, such as prior to entering a keyword, these settings determine the results displayed:
- Default query: Set search terms to be queried by default. By default, terms are combined with the AND operator. For example, if you enter “web designer,” the plugin will query web design jobs by default.
- Default location: Specify a default location for job searches.
- Default job type: Choose the default job type to query.
- Default country: Select a default country to display jobs from. You can find the full list of supported country codes here.
These settings determine when and where Indeed jobs are displayed:
- Backfilling (no results): In case no jobs are found, backfill the empty space with a specified number of jobs from Indeed. Leave this field blank or set it to 0 to disable backfilling.
- Backfill before jobs: Display a maximum of X jobs from Indeed above your own job listings. Leave this field blank or set it to 0 to disable this feature.
- Backfill after jobs: Show a maximum of X jobs from Indeed after the last page of your job listings. Leave this field blank or set it to 0 to disable this feature.
- Backfill per page: Show a maximum of X jobs from Indeed for each page of loaded jobs. Leave this field blank or set it to 0 to disable this feature.
Once you have configured the plugin settings according to your preferences, Indeed jobs will be listed accordingly.
Introducing the [indeed_jobs] Shortcode
The ProgramMatek WordPress Plugin comes equipped with a powerful shortcode:
[indeed_jobs]. This shortcode allows you to exclusively display jobs from Indeed based on a customized search. The shortcode supports the following arguments:
limit: Specifies the number of results to display. The default value is 10.
sort: Controls the sort order of the results. At present, the only available option is relevance.
q: Defines the default search query. By default, this query matches the one used in the settings.
l: Sets the default location for the search. By default, this location matches the one used in the settings.
jt: Determines the job type you are searching for, e.g., fulltime. The default value is the one specified in the settings.
start: Offsets the results. The default value is 0.
radius: Specifies the search radius from your chosen location. The default value is 25.
[indeed_jobs limit=10 jt=fulltime l=NJ]
Note: Please be aware that Indeed no longer allows free uploads of jobs to their site via XML feed.
At ProgramMatek, we strive to provide efficient solutions to enhance your job listings. Our WordPress Plugin offers seamless integration with Indeed, allowing your job board to flourish. For more information about ProgramMatek and our range of products and services, visit our website here.