WPML is fully compatible with Beaver Builder. Create your pages with Beaver Builder and then use WPML to translate your website.
Beaver Builder is a complete drag-and-drop page builder that allows you to create and design websites that suits your needs. Thanks to Beaver Builder’s integration with WPML, you can translate all of the modules side-by-side.
On This Page
- Getting Started
- Translating Pages Built With Beaver Builder
- Updating Your Page Translations
- Translating Texts From Plugins and Other Places
- Translating Menus
- Translating Beaver Builder Templates
- Translating Layouts Built with Beaver Themer
- List of the Beaver Builder Modules Currently Translatable by WPML
- Compatible Beaver Builder Add-ons
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
- Get WPML
Start by installing and activating the following:
- Beaver Builder plugin.
- WPML core plugin, WPML String Translation and WPML Media Translation add-ons.
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
Translating Pages Built With Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is fully compatible with WPML’s Translate Everything Automatically mode, which automatically translates content as you add or edit it.
If you want more control over the content you translate, you can choose the Translate What You Choose mode. This option lets you choose which posts or pages to send for translation and who you want to translate them.
To translate your page using the Translate Some mode:
- Edit a page created with Beaver Builder. You will see a Language box in the right sidebar.
- Click the plus button next to the language you’d like to translate your page into.
3. You will be taken to WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can translate your content automatically and review the translations. Otherwise, enter the translations for each sentence manually and click Complete once you’re done.
You can also translate your page by going to Pages → All pages. Locate the page you want to translate and click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your page into.
To learn more, read our page about translating content created by page builders.
Updating Your Page Translations
If you make any changes to your page or add new content, you will need to update your translations. Pages with translations that require updates will have a spinning arrows icon under the language flags.
Clicking on the spinning arrows icon will take you to the Advanced Translation Editor. As shown in the example below, you will not need to re-enter the translations for previously translated content. In this case, we only need to translate our newly added Call To Action.
Translating Texts From Plugins and Other Places
You may need to translate additional texts coming from your theme or plugin that are not part of your posts, pages, or taxonomies. To learn how to translate these texts, check out our page dedicated to String Translation.
With WPML, you can translate your menus automatically, manually, or sync them across all languages. You can find your preferred translation method by reading our guide translating menus.
Translating Beaver Builder Templates
Beaver Builder comes with the Templates custom post type. Before you can translate the templates you create, you need to set Templates as Translatable.
To do this:
- Go to WPML → Settings and scroll down to the Post Types Translation section.
- Set the Templates (fl-builder-template) post type to one of the two Translatable options and Save your changes.
You can now translate your templates in the same way you would translate custom post types.
Translating Layouts Built with Beaver Themer
To learn how to translate layouts built with Beaver Themer, see our documentation page about building multilingual sites with Beaver Themer and WPML.
List of the Beaver Builder Modules Currently Translatable by WPML
The following textual elements in the Beaver Builder Modules are supported by WPML.
- Text editor
- Call to action
- Contact form
- Content slider
- Icon Group
- Number counter
- Pricing Table
- Social Button
- Subscribe Form
Compatible Beaver Builder Add-ons
- PowerPack for Beaver Builder
- Ultimate Addon for Beaver Builder
If you need help translating your site built using Beaver Builder and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.
You can test WPML for 30 days and see if you like it.If you are not happy with our plugin, we will refund you within the 30 day trial period, no questions asked.