Accepting donations on your WordPress website is made easy with the help of the Woocommerce plugin. In this article, we will guide you through the process of setting up and customizing the Woocommerce plugin to receive donations.
How to Install the Woocommerce Plugin
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your WordPress Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the WordPress Admin Dashboard → Plugins → Add New.
- Click on the Upload Plugin button on the top left corner of your screen.
- Next, click the Choose file button in the box that appears below.
- Select the zip file that you have downloaded and upload it.
- Click on the Activate Plugin button.
How to Add a New Donation Campaign
To create a new donation campaign, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘WC Donation’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- Give a title to your new campaign.
- Go to Campaign Settings Menu.
- Enter the donation amount in digits or decimal values.
- Give a label that will be displayed at the donation dropdown value on the checkout page.
- Select an amount type from the options provided.
- Donation Level will add multiple amounts of a campaign with a fixed amount of donation.
Front-end View Screenshots
Here are some screenshots of how the donation form will appear on the front-end of your website:
Customizing the Donation Form
You can customize the appearance of the donation form by going to the Form Settings menu. Here, you can set the display type, currency position, donation label field, donation button label, donation button text color, and donation button color.
How to View the Campaign List
To view the list of all your donation campaigns, follow these steps:
- Go to the wp-admin dashboard.
- Under the WC Donation menu, click on the “All Campaign” tab.
- All the added campaigns can be seen in the Campaign List.
- In the campaign list, you can see the total number of donations against each campaign along with its total amount.
Cart and Checkout Donation
To enable the cart and checkout donation option, follow these steps:
- Go to General Settings.
- Enable the ‘Cart and Checkout donation’ option.
- Select ‘Campaign’ from the select list for both options.
How to Add a Donation Form on a New Page
To add a donation form on a new page, follow these steps:
- Go to Pages.
- Click on Add New.
- Give your page a new title and add a WP Donation Block.
- Select Campaign from the list.
- Paste the shortcode on the block’s field and click on publish.
Gift Aid UK
The Gift Aid UK feature allows you to collect additional funds from the government. You can enable this feature by going to General Settings and configuring the Gift Aid Title, Checkbox Text, Explanation, and Declaration Message.
Reports and Analytics
With the Reports feature, you can track and analyze your donation data. You can view and export reports based on different criteria such as custom date ranges or specific campaigns.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily set up and customize the Woocommerce plugin to accept donations on your WordPress website. Start fundraising for your cause today with Woocommerce and make a difference in the world.
For more information, visit ProgramMatek.