A successful real estate website requires more than just beautiful property pictures and galleries. It should be well-designed and feature comprehensive IDX functionality for proper object listings. While Wix offers flexible website building solutions, integrating IDX functionality is not a native feature. But don’t worry, in this article, we will explore several ways to implement IDX features on your Wix website. We’ll also dive into what IDX is, why it’s important, and how it can help you create a successful real estate website using one of the most popular website building platforms.
Building an IDX Real Estate Website with Wix
First and foremost, you’ll need a well-designed promotional website to showcase your agency to the target audience. This website should provide detailed information about your company, its areas of specialization, offered services, pricing, and more. Once your website is ready, you can start adding real estate listings.
When it comes to creating an IDX real estate website, there are several essential steps to follow. Let’s take a look at them:
- Sign up for a Wix account.
- Choose a suitable real estate theme (Wix offers a separate section for real estate templates).
- Customize the template to match your brand. Add relevant content such as company information, contacts, and media files.
- Select and integrate real estate/customer interaction widgets from the Wix App Market (both free and paid options available).
- Choose a subscription plan before publishing your website.
- Add and manage IDX real estate listings.
- Publish your website and make it live for users to explore.
Now, let’s talk about the options you have for integrating IDX functionality into your Wix website.
Connecting IDX to Wix
One of the fastest ways to have IDX listings on your website is by using system iframes. Wix provides a relevant widget where you can easily insert the necessary pieces of code and display the listings on an empty page. Simply copy the code and paste it into the widget area.
The benefits of this method include:
- The ability to use IDX alongside Wix’s own listing image galleries and link them to property listings.
- You can add a Quick Search widget from the custom Wix App Marketplace. This allows for fast navigation and relevant search results.
To add IDX listings to your Wix real estate website, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Wix.
- Choose, edit, and customize the template you’ve selected.
- Create a new empty page.
- Add the iframe widget from the selection of apps for displaying visual content.
- Insert the IDX iframe code.
- Check if the listing is displayed properly.
How to Get the Iframe?
When it comes to getting the iframe for your IDX listings, you have a few options. You can choose ready-made IDX solutions or platforms that provide tailored property listings. Simply register, pay if required, and get the piece of code to add to your site.
Alternatively, you can generate the code yourself. This method requires a bit more time and action, as you need to become a registered Matrix MLS user. However, it doesn’t come with any additional costs.
To get a free iframe, follow these steps:
- Register as a Matrix MLS user.
- Go to the control panel and choose IDX configuration.
- Configure your listing, indicating the search type and mapping area.
- Enable your IDX and complete the activation process.
- Copy the piece of code displayed in the HTML spacebar and paste it into the Wix widget for displaying iframes.
If everything is done correctly, your listings should be displayed on the page. However, please note that this process can be time-consuming and may require some technical skills. Additionally, there is a chance that the IDX may appear incorrectly on mobile devices. To avoid these issues, you might want to consider ready-made customized IDX system solutions.
How Can IDX Help Your Real Estate Website?
Now that we’ve covered the implementation process, let’s discuss the benefits of having IDX on your real estate website. IDX ensures website interactivity and user engagement while allowing agents to offer additional relevant services. Here are the top benefits:
- Comprehensive navigation: IDX provides advanced searching flexibility, including location-based sorting options such as proximity to schools, work, and green areas.
- Social media integration: Modern IDX systems offer social media integration, helping real estate agents connect with their customers through platforms like Facebook and deliver engaging content.
- SEO optimization: Most IDX systems come with editable property titles and descriptions. Additionally, Wix itself offers baseline page SEO settings, resulting in better search engine rankings for your keywords and phrases.
- Advanced property listing: IDX systems are designed to showcase properties in the most appealing way. They provide filters to sort objects by categories, prices, and other key parameters. Users can view brief or detailed descriptions, image galleries, slideshows, and even videos for maximum engagement.
- Personalized offers: IDX allows you to create exclusive property collections for premium customers, sort objects by activities and preferences, and send personalized offers to enhance your email campaigns.
Now that we’ve explored the benefits of having IDX on your real estate website, let’s discuss some essential features that every real estate website should have.
Essential Features for Real Estate Websites
Integrated IDX functionality is not the only feature that a successful real estate website should have. It should also be well-designed, mobile-friendly, and include tools for promoting and interacting with customers. Here are some key features you should consider:
- Clear structure: Keep your website simple and clear, avoiding unnecessary elements. Introduce your agency, showcase your property listings, and provide contact information.
- Social media integration: Include social sharing buttons to help grow your audience. Make it easy for visitors to share properties on platforms like Facebook.
- Complete listing: Ensure your property listings have high-quality photos, up-to-date information (descriptions and titles), and filters to help users find their ideal properties.
- Widgets and add-ons: Consider adding geolocation services like Google Maps, image galleries, slideshows, calendars, booking services, payment integration, and more.
- Contact information: In addition to traditional contact details, implement instant contact options like live chat for immediate customer support.
Fortunately, Wix is a website builder that offers enough functionality and features to implement all these key points. It provides easy-to-use tools, relevant templates, and affordability. The only drawback is that Wix does not offer a custom IDX integration solution, meaning you’ll need to handle it on your own.
What Is IDX?
When building a real estate website, IDX integration should be your top priority. It guarantees several distinct benefits that will set you apart from your competitors. With IDX, you can create a comprehensive website with enhanced interactivity, easy access to property databases, flexible navigation, and other relevant services for potential customers.
But what exactly is IDX? IDX stands for Internet Data Exchange. It is a blend of software, policies, and data combined in a single feature used to display property listings on your website. With IDX, you can create detailed listings of all your properties and sort them based on price, size, location, and other crucial factors.
Why is IDX so necessary? Well, according to the National Association of Realtors, 44% of customers start their real estate journey on property listing websites. Without IDX functionality, you’ll be left behind. IDX also offers additional features to help grow your business. Now, let’s dive into how IDX works.
How Does IDX Work?
The key idea behind IDX is to establish a strong connection between your Multiple Listing Service (MLS) properties and your website. To display your listings on the website, you’ll need to import them and periodically update the information to keep it relevant.
Now that we’ve covered the technical aspects, let’s explore the practical benefits of integrating IDX with your real estate website.
The Bottom Line
Having an IDX listing is vital for any real estate website, as it gives you a significant competitive advantage in this highly competitive industry. While Wix offers a user-friendly platform for creating websites, it doesn’t provide a native IDX integration solution. However, through extended Wix functionality, you still have several options.
Using iframes is the fastest and easiest alternative, requiring no coding or custom development teams. But if you’re looking for more exclusivity and enhanced interactivity, you may consider ready-made IDX solutions. Ultimately, the choice depends on your expectations and budget.
Now that you have a better understanding of how to integrate IDX with your Wix website, you’re ready to build a powerful real estate website that will attract and engage customers. Happy building!