We all rely on our smartphones, and it’s no surprise that the majority of emails are now opened on mobile devices. Among these devices, the Apple iPhone is undoubtedly the king of the mobile email client space. However, the default iPhone email signature, “Sent from my iPhone,” no longer gives off a professional vibe for business communications. That’s why it’s essential to create a proper email signature that reflects your professionalism when sending emails from your iPhone.
How to Customize Your iPhone Email Signature
Let’s dive into creating a personalized iPhone email signature that will automatically appear on each outgoing email you send:
- Open the mail app and navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Mail.
- Tap Signature.
- In the text box under All Accounts and Per Account, remove the default “Sent from my iPhone” signature.
- Craft your new signature text.
- To add basic text formatting, double-tap the signature and select the desired options.
- You will notice a BIU tab above the highlighted text. Click on it and choose Bold, Italic, or Underline.
- When you’re done, tap the arrow in the upper-left corner of the Signature screen to save your changes. You will be returned to the Mail screen.
And just like that, you’ve successfully customized your email signature on your iPhone! Don’t forget, these steps also apply to iPads if you wish to change your iPad email signature.
Elevate Your Email Signature with Images
To make your iPhone email signature more professional and visually appealing, consider including HTML images. However, the Apple Mail app offers limited formatting options, and you can’t simply copy and paste images into the signature settings as they will be automatically removed. But fear not, there’s a workaround:
- Create your signature in an email client that supports HTML, including images such as your logo and social media icons.
- Compose a new message that includes your new signature. Save this email as a draft and open it on your iOS device. Alternatively, send the message to yourself and then open it using your iPhone.
- Highlight a portion of the signature text that is not a web or email link.
- From the context menu, select Select All and then Copy.
- Go to the iPhone email signature editor by clicking on Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature.
- Delete any existing text, tap and hold the screen until the context menu appears, and choose Paste to add your HTML signature.
- Don’t panic if the original formatting of your signature is lost. iOS automatically adds its own code to any HTML source. To revert the changes, shake your iPhone to trigger the Undo Change Attributes context menu, and select Undo.
- Your signature will now appear correctly. Tap the arrow button in the top-left corner of the screen to save the signature.
You’re all set! Now you can send messages from your iPhone with an HTML email signature included. However, it’s always a good idea to test it before sending emails to ensure everything functions as intended.
Simplify Email Signature Management
Creating a personalized email signature for individual iPhones is relatively simple. However, when it comes to maintaining consistency across a company’s devices or ensuring compliance with brand guidelines, things can get challenging. With the Exclaimer email signature software, you can easily create, manage, and deploy consistent signature designs across all devices, including iPhones. Say goodbye to fragmented signatures, broken images, and manual tinkering with iOS settings. Empower your brand with a unified email signature experience.
Visit ProgramMatek to learn more and start a free trial of Exclaimer today.