Integrating WooCommerce with Amazon’s FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) Program allows you to effortlessly sync your orders as soon as a sale is made on your WooCommerce website. With the WooCommerce Amazon Integration in place, you can easily keep track of and sync your actual stock levels, ensuring that you never oversell any product. This integration not only streamlines your selling and shipping process but also expands the reach of your products, helping you sell more and grow your business.
Table of Contents
- What is Amazon?
- What is WooCommerce?
- How to Set up WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration
- Step 1: Creating an Amazon Pro Seller Account
- Step 2: Configuring the Plugin Settings
- Step 3: Verifying WooCommerce Order Fulfillment
- Key Benefits of WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration
To get started with WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration, you’ll need an active WooCommerce account.
What is Amazon?
Amazon is one of the leading e-commerce platforms in the world. It offers numerous functionalities for sellers in the Amazon marketplace. One of the notable advantages of selling on Amazon is the opportunity to work with both new and established selling channels. With a market capitalization of over 700 billion US dollars, Amazon has established itself as a major e-commerce brand globally.
With over 2.58 billion unique visitors every six months, Amazon provides a massive audience for your products. Selling on Amazon ensures that your products receive maximum exposure and increases your chances of making more sales.
What is Amazon FBA?
Amazon FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) allows individual sellers and small to medium-sized businesses to purchase or manufacture products and sell them on Amazon. With Amazon FBA, sellers are paid in US dollars, and Amazon takes care of all order fulfillment processes. Amazon’s robust fulfillment network ensures that your products are stored safely and shipped to customers efficiently. Additionally, Amazon handles returns and refunds, relieving you of customer service burdens.
Utilizing Amazon FBA allows you to focus on marketing and product listing while Amazon takes care of fulfillment, ensuring a smooth and efficient selling experience.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a free and open-source WordPress plugin that provides essential e-commerce features such as add to cart, checkout, and product analytics. It allows businesses of all sizes to create responsive and comprehensive e-commerce solutions by integrating various plugins. WooCommerce offers a wide range of themes that can be purchased from different suppliers and marketplaces.
WooCommerce inherits WordPress’s excellent SEO capabilities, enabling businesses to rank higher in search results effortlessly.
How to Set up WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration
To set up WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration, follow these three major steps:
Step 1: Creating an Amazon Pro Seller Account
To use the WooCommerce Fulfillment by Amazon plugin, you need to have a working Amazon Professional Seller account with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) services enabled. Here’s how you can create an Amazon Pro Seller account:
- Sign up for a Professional Seller account at Amazon Services via Amazon Seller Central. If you already have an Amazon account, make sure it’s a Professional Account. If not, enroll in a Professional Selling Plan.
- Enable Fulfillment by Amazon for your Amazon Professional Seller account by going to Amazon Benefits.
Step 2: Configuring the Plugin Settings
To enable Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) for your store, you must configure the plugin settings. Follow these steps:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Amazon Fulfillment.
- Choose the Home Region/Country that corresponds to your primary Amazon Seller Central account.
- The plugin will provide instructions and links for you to authorize this plugin’s Developer ID based on the Home Region you select. Each region will have its own Developer ID.
- Log in to your Seller Central account on Amazon’s website.
- Go to Settings > User Permissions.
- Click the “Visit > Manage Your Apps” button under the “Third-party Developer and Apps” section.
- Click the “Authorize New Developer” button near the top of the screen.
- Copy and paste the Developer’s Name and Developer ID values from the plugin instructions area into the appropriate fields.
- Click “Next” to check and confirm that you understand the implications of granting WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment access.
- Check the box, and then click “Next” to get your Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Authorization Token.
- Copy and paste the Seller ID and Marketplace ID values into the plugin settings.
- Test the MWS connection by clicking the “Test MWS Connection” button.
Step 3: Verify WooCommerce Order Fulfillment
To ensure that your WooCommerce store and Amazon are properly connected and working, you can perform two types of tests:
WooCommerce Amazon Integration: Test 1
Create a test product with a low price and an SKU that does not exist in FBA inventory. Purchase the product and complete the checkout process. If an error reporting a bad SKU is returned from FBA to WooCommerce, you can be confident that your site is correctly communicating with FBA.
WooCommerce Amazon Integration: Test 2
Use a live product with active inventory in FBA for a thorough customer test. Create a product with a temporary low price or create a coupon for testing purposes. Purchase the product using a live payment method. The order will be sent to FBA, and you can cancel the fulfillment order in Amazon Seller Central.
Key Benefits of WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment Integration
Using the Amazon WooCommerce Integration plugin reduces human error and data entry times. Some of the key benefits include:
- Streamlined order fulfillment process
- Automated stock level synchronization
- Hassle-free shipping and customer service
- Increased visibility and reach for your products
The goal of Amazon FBA is to simplify business operations and provide a wide range of services for business growth. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can quickly set up WooCommerce Amazon Integration and take advantage of the features offered by both platforms. Simplify your data transfer processes with Hevo Data, a no-code data pipeline solution that allows you to seamlessly manage data transfer between WooCommerce and various destinations.
Share your experience of understanding WooCommerce Amazon Integration in the comment section below!